austin time exchange network blog
*** NEXT NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION: SUNDAY, May 12TH, 2012***
4PM sharp – 5pm) at SOMA VIDA – 1210 Rosewood Ave. 78702
This year holds some exciting opportunities for the Austin Time Exchange Network to grow and flourish, and it may be the right time for you to get involved!
Within the next 4 months, we would like to fill at least one seat on the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is a consensus-based group and it’s purpose is to keep the organization focused on its mission, which is to “[provide] a complementary currency that enables members to build community through the exchange of services.” In addition, Board members are actively engaged in the various tasks of running the organization. Ideal candidates for the board will be active in the network and/or exquisitely suited to ATEN’s purpose, and have skills in one or more of these areas: public relations, event coordination, outreach, technology, grant-writing, or their own unique contribution.
Running and growing this organization requires help, which can roughly be divided up into these categories, or committees:
- Recruiting – Talk up ATEN to your friends and associates, neighborhood or activity groups, to other organizations you’re a part of, to service providers you go to, etc. This could also involve disseminating literature (a.k.a. “fliers”).
- Outreach/Organizational Liaising – To function at our top capacity, ATEN needs to have regular opportunities for many people to earn hours at once. This can be achieved through partnerships with organizations and projects which need lots of volunteers. Liaisons would help make those connections with the organizations needing help and organizing the opportunities to earn hours, as well as working with the org to plan how they can even out their ATEN balance.
- Orientations – Learning to lead an orientation is pretty simple, and very needed! Just show up to an orientation to observe, then become empowered to activate new members. You could start a regular orientation in your part of town, or within another group you are a part of, etc.
- Event organizing – Think up ways of rallying community spirit, or even just getting people together socially, all in the interest of encouraging exchanges… the sky’s the limit!
- Content - Writing, researching and documenting are all skills that we are need of for blog and newsletter content. Let’s be a team!
Our membership is in the hundreds, but our organization is teeny-tiny… let’s work together to support ATEN’s growth. Contact the board members at email@example.com to get involved.